Easy And Simple Steps for Applying Skin Foundation
Before applying skin foundation, make sure
- Any moisturizers or conditioners are wiped away with a tissue. You can
- Dab your face with mineral water, and then pat your face off with another tissue or cotton pad so you’ll get a neutral base needed for make up.
- Avoid using a concealer if you plan on using a cream based foundation because cream foundations do the same thing any concealer would do.
To start applying a foundation you should start with the forehead. First,
- Dab the right amount of foundation to the palm
- Make small dots over the face and neck
- Use finger to blend the dots on the skin
- Do this by using a downward motion as to not make it appear blotchy
If it easy enough for you to use a finger than use a sponge, preferably a small one.
- Use small circular movements around the forehead while blending away from the hairline.
- Move downward from the temples
- Go across the cheek to the ear.
- Cover the Neck and chin. Repeat on the other side of your face.
- Do the nose and brow last
For oily skin, use a solid or “cake” like foundation sticks. The easiest way to apply this is to
- use the stick to make dots
- Smooth with the packed sponge
- Rub as always in a downward motion
After applying enough foundation, use a tissue to wipe away any extras. You do this by gently pressing the tissue against the skin. The excess foundation will adhere to the tissue and be lifted away when you move the tissue away from the area.
Congratulations, you are done and ready to apply the rest of your make-up, Enjoy!