How To Care Your Makeup Brushes And Tools
A perfect makeup is all about blending the various makeup products. You must use the right makeup shades. But most of us do not pay much attention on the brushes we use during a makeup. A good set of brushes are also as essential as the right makeup products. The brushes are your key to make your products go on its way and give you the look of your choice.
Makeup brushes come in various forms and shapes. Each of them has its own way of performing its function. Red sable, black sable, camel hair and ox hair are most often used to make the brushes. A complete set of brushes must include a big soft brush (to apply powder), a fine brush (to apply makeup on eyelids), a flat brush (to apply eye shadows) and an eyebrow comb. Eye-lining is done using the round brushes, which is also used for character lining. Eye-color and lip-color application is best blended using a flat brush.
The largest are the powder brushes which are round and full in shape. They can work with all kinds of powder. You can also sweep away the excess with it. Because it is often recommended before applying color on face.
These brushes are flatter in shape than the powder brushes. Their main application is even application of the powder blush.
These brushes have a fine trapped end and are the smallest. Fine, thin and well controlled lines are drawn around the eye using these brushes.Both powder and cream eyeliners may be applied using these brushes.
Various forms of the eyeshadow brushes are available. Blending appears to be more even when the brush is most soft.
The concealing of blemishes and small flaws can be done using such brushes. The cream makeup is distributed evenly using such brushes.
The Lipstick brushes are small and fairly stiff ones having a straight edge. Outlining of the lips is done using these. Color is applied on the lips using the lipstick brushes for a lasting effect.
Sponges are used for applying foundation, cream or powder blush and powder or concealer.
The best powder application is by the puffs. Even powder foundation and powder blush are applied using these.
A good pair of tweezers are required by our eyebrows. Any stray hair that can spoil the eyeshadow must be removed.
Eyes look wider with eyelash curling. If you want bright and highlighted eyes, use eyelash curlers. Metal and plastic curlers are available. But the metal ones are the most preferred ones.
Care For Makeup Brushes And Tools
- Brushes must be washed every month. This would keep the infections and irritations away and keep your brushes clean and safe to use
- Clean your tools before using it on your face, if shared with others previously
- Liquid soap must be used to wash the sponges in hot water
- Brushes must be washed in running water. Put them in a downward positions and allow it to dry completely before use
- Different makeup products need different brushes
- If you have to use the brushes in the morning, clean therm at night. This would not bother you in the morning during your busy schedule and most often would not let you avoid cleaning
- Maintain the natural shape of your brushes with your fingers