Feed Your Heart Right to Reduce Heartaches
Heart issues are priceless and precious for each one of us. No, it’s not the heartaches from torn relationships that are being referred to here but the heartaches that come about with age and unhealthy eating and living habits that is being addressed. Whatever be the reason, heart rules life. It is therefore very unearthly for us to feed the heart with the worst possible foods which appeals to our taste buds but not our senses.
Top 10 Heart-Healthy Diets
Listed below are some foods that can contribute to a healthy heart:
- Seeds and Nuts (Don’t have too much but just enough as they reduce the “bad” low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels)
- Apples (Helps in slowing down the oxidation of the “bad” LDL cholesterol levels and also prevents the formation of plaques that makes arteries hard and narrow)
- Oat Bran (Oat is an excellent source of fiber that mixes with the bile acids in the intestines and prevents the absorption of “bad” LDL cholesterol)
- Fruits and Vegetables (Calorie-free and helps in lowering blood pressure)
- Oolong Tea (Helps reduce the “bad” LDL cholesterol levels)
- Legumes (Fiber-rich source that helps in reducing the risks of cardiovascular diseases and atherosclerosis)
- Grapefruit (Contains photochemicals which can break the cholesterol levels but you must check with a doctor as grapefruit has also been sighted to interfere with medications)
- Dark Chocolate (Reduces blood pressure)
- Red Wine (Red wine is polyphenol-laden which protects the lining of the coronary arteries and at the same time also helps in boosting the “good HDL cholesterol levels”)
- Fish (Fish is an effective triglyceride buster which also prevents blood clots)
Whether foods or feelings, you got to feed your heart right with positive elements, which will help keep your heart beating healthy throughout life.