Top 10 Unhealthy Signs You Cannot Afford to Ignore
Your life couldn’t be devoid of those moments when you’ve tried ignoring signs and passing them off as insignificant disturbances. Though some signs like a mild cough and cold are what elders say people should suffer from that shows that the body is responding in an appropriate way, there are some signs which you just cannot afford to ignore as they can be an indication of a serious underlying problem.
10 Unhealthy Signs You Cannot Afford to Ignore
Listed below are about 10 unhealthy or unfit signs that can prove to be dangerous for you:
- Extreme Weight Loss or Weight Gain: A drastic change in body weight could be a sign of depression, an indication of a liver disease, an overactive thyroid or cancer
- Lumps: Though swollen glands are not considered to be that harmful, experts opine that you couldn’t ignore a growing lump under your skin. For instance, a lump could be an indicator of an underlying non-cancerous growth, cancerous growth, infection, aneurysms or hernia
- Prolonged Fever: Though high fever is not an indication of a serious illness, it still indicates the body is trying to fight against an infection. Similarly, less temperature also does not indicate less infection or illness. However, as experts recommend the doctor should be consulted for a prolonged duration of fever that usually remains stagnant and above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
- Headaches: Experts opine that severe headaches should not be ignored at any cost. For instance, sudden headaches which are also referred to as “thunderclap headaches”, headaches with rashes, fever, etc or headache that continues after a head injury should not be ignored at all. Headaches can be an indicator of underlying serious causes like – brain tumor, meningitis, swollen blood vessels, stroke or aneurysm
- Bowel Change: Unexplained changes in bowel movement should be discussed with a doctor say experts. Any bowel condition like diarrhea which lasts for more than 2 days or mild diarrhea that lasts for more than a week or constipation which lasts for more than 2 weeks should not be brushed aside at any cost. Experts believe that these conditions can be an indication of colon cancer, infections or inflammatory bowel disease
- Breathlessness: If you realize that you’re having difficulty in breathing air then you need to consult a doctor. Breathlessness could be a clear indicator of panic attacks, hypertension, pulmonary embolism, chronic bronchitis, asthma, pulmonary fibrosis or heart problems
- Swollen, Red and Warm Joints: This sign is a clear indicator of an infection which has the tendency to spread to others areas of the body as well. Therefore consult a doctor if you’re experiencing pain, swelling and redness at joints
- Abdominal Pain: Chronic abdominal pain is a clear indicator of illnesses like gall bladder problems, stomach ulcers, ruptured appendix, pancreatic problems or even blocked intestines
- Flash of Light: If you’re seeing sudden flash of light in front of your eyes, then you need to consult an ophthalmologist. Flash of lights could be an indicator of retinal detachment or tear which can ultimately lead to loss of sight
- Mental Confusions: Any confused thoughts or hallucinations can be an indicator of a stroke, head injury, infection, diabetes, or psychotic problem
You could be probably suffering from a serious problem if you didn’t address the issues early. A sign can change your life or maybe take your life, so let your body do the talking while you respond to its needs appropriately.