Why You Should Express Suppressed Emotions?
We all have emotions. We like to express them. Yet, there are times we may suppress them. Introverts generally do not say what is in their mind. Extroverts, on the other hand, are more open with their feelings. Not expressing emotions may not be advisable. Why so?
Reasons for Expressing Suppressed Emotions
- Suppressed emotions can lead to depression. People often feel low that they cannot express their anger at someone. They feel a lack of self-confidence in them
- Emotions should be directed at the right person, or else another person may become the victim. Psychopaths for instance take out their frustrations on others. A mother may beat up a child due to her own frustrations
- Blood pressure comes down when you express your emotions. Anger can flare up you blood pressure. When expressed it can lower it. Anger at times can turn into friendliness at times
- The intensity of emotions increases when you suppress them. You may not cry at given time, but later on you may weep
- Suppressed emotions can cause illnesses. They have a negative impact on one’s health
- You do not feel lonely when you share your emotions with someone
- You also become more assertive when you express your feelings. Some people avoid confronting a person as they are timid. But it is better to be bold and face a situation
- You are often taken for granted if you do not express your feelings
- Talking to someone reduces the burden. It can prevent heart diseases. You fee lighter and more cheerful
- Crying is good for heath. It relieves you of all tensions. It is a form of stress-relief
- It is good to be honest about your feelings. It is good to let the person know that he or she has offended you
- Writing down your emotions helps
- You can get isolated if you do not express your emotions
- There is considerable change in your body functioning, when you express your emotions
- Laughter relieves you of a lot of tensions
It is good for health to express your emotions. Pent up emotions can be harmful for health. A person feels good after expressing his or her emotions. To avoid outbursts, it is better to express your emotions carefully. Express your emotions and keep good health.